- About PRA
Since our inception in 1976, PRA has amassed a level of expertise that has enabled us to conduct complex global clinical trials across all therapeutic areas and provide outsourced clinical services across all phases of pharmaceutical and biotech drug development.
View a timeline of PRA's history.
This page will show you a map of all PRA locations and allow you to select the regions for details on our office locations.
Mission and Values
Our Mission: Our people commit to provide innovative solutions that our clients rely upon to introduce new drugs and to improve lives. Our Vision: We shall build a legacy of quality and trust.
PRA makes its financial information and reports available to holders of our Senior Notes and to any beneficial owners of the Senior Notes, as well as any prospective investors, securities analysts or market makers. The information is posted in a password-protected online data system and requires a signed eligibility letter.
PRA’s Therapeutic Expertise group is a scientific and medical expertise resource offered by PRA to provide clinical development support.
PRA has three fully equipped and harmonized bioanalytical laboratories: small and large molecule laboratories in Europe (Assen, The Netherlands) as well as a small molecule facility based in the United States (Lenexa, Kansas). Both the US and EU laboratories are situated close to our clinics to facilitate studies producing time-sensitive samples. The Lenexa facility first came on-line in October 2010, and is fully equipped with state-of-the-art bioanalytical instrumentation to provide expertise and security for your clinical samples. The Assen locations have been active since the mid-1980s to support our Phase I Clinics in Zuidlaren and Groningen and provide a benchmark for the quality of our laboratory services.
PRA's clinical facilities in The Netherlands, the United States and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) provide 260 beds worldwide including, our specialized Unit on Demand model in CEE. PRA’s harmonized laboratory facilities in The Netherlands and the US are situated close to the clinical facilities and are configured to fully support all clinical study requirements. Our clinics are fully equipped with the technology and infrastructure required for high quality, efficient studies across a range of drugs and indications.
PRA is transforming clinical trials through our people, innovation and transparency. We have achieved a level of expertise that enables us to work across a range of compounds, from niche treatments to blockbuster drugs and biosimilars. Our Product Registration group executes complex, global Phase II-III studies for a variety of indications.
- Biostatistics and Medical Writing
- Clinical Operations
- Data Management
- Data Capture
- Data Transparency
- Data Integration
- Investigator Relations Group
- Medical Affairs
- Patient Recruitment and Retention
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Marketing Application Submission Services
- Investigator and Site Engagement Program
Late Phase Services:
PRA is a global expert in the design, management and implementation of post-marketing and minimal risk studies for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. Our late-phase infrastructure is designed to support your studies throughout the proving process, providing you with a dedicated, effective and knowledgeable partner to smooth the way.
Safety & Risk Management
Minimization of risk to patients has always been a top line priority in the context of new medicinal product development. Regulatory authorities now, more than ever, emphasize the importance of appropriate safety management infrastructure. The development of risk minimization strategies suitable for the whole life cycle of the medicinal product is imperative.
Markets & Strategies
PRA provides customized alternative monitoring services aligned with the FDA Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative’s and the EMA’s recommendations.
PRA's commitment to excellence in research begins with our people. Our team of recruiting professionals will help you determine if a career with PRA is right for you. We are committed to providing you with the tools and resources necessary to aid you in the decision-making process as you consider a career with PRA. Our growing workforce is comprised of over 5,000 employees spanning more than 13 time zones across six continents and who speak more than 30 languages—yet operate in unison as one worldwide PRA community.
Our success starts with:
- PRA's Philosophy— PRA encourages open, two-way communication across the business and empowers you to take your career as far as you want it to go.
- PRA's Leadership—Our respected leadership team is dedicated to supporting and empowering our people to be the best!
- Employee Referrals—Our people love it here! PRA's greatest source of hires during the past several years has been through employee referrals.
- Career Development
- In 2012, PRA promoted more than 700 employees worldwide.
- In 2012, we filled 11% of our employment vacancies internally.
- Throughout the year, our management team works to develop and assess progress toward individual goals and objectives.
- Learning Environment—PRA provides an opportunity to draw on knowledge of thought leaders and experts from around the world, and we are a proud registered education provider for the Project Management Institute.
- Stay Connected—Employees stay connected worldwide through our fully integrated IT operations and communications infrastructure.
- Industry Awards—PRA and its employees have won numerous awards and accolades in the CRO industry. For the second year in a row, PRA was named U.S. Clinical Company of the Year. In addition, PRA placed first, second, and third, taking a clean sweep of the Project Manager category. Lastly, one of our CRAs, featured in a CNN article, placed second in the New Clinical Research Associate category. The intense “Finals Day” of the competition was captured in a video and features several PRA employees.